50+ Soal Essay Expression of Asking & Giving A Suggestion and Accepting & Declining Someone's Suggestion

     
    50+ Soal Essay Expression of Asking & Giving A Suggestion
    and Accepting & Declining Someone's Suggestion



    Hi, sobat!
    Pada kesempatan sebelumnya, kalian telah mempelajari Materi Bahasa Inggris SMA/MA/MAK Kelas XI Semester 1 tentang Expression of Suggestion and Advice yaitu Ungkapan Memberikan Saran atau Nasehat. 

    Sementara itu, Materi Bahasa Inggris tentang expression of suggestion and advice ini biasanya mencangkup:
    • Expression of Asking A Suggestion (Ungkapan Meminta Saran)
    • Expression of Giving A Suggestion (Ungkapan Memberikan Saran)
    • Expression of Accepting Someone's Suggestion (Ungkapan Menerima Saran)
    • Expression of Declining Someone's Suggestion (Ungkapan Menolak Saran).
    Materi tersebut ditujukan agar peserta didik memiliki pehaman yang mendalam terkait Expression of Suggestion and Advice (Ungkapan Memberikan Saran atau Nasehat); serta, mampu melakukan percakapan baik secara intrapersonal, interpersonal, dan transaksional yang di dalamnya memuat Expression of Suggestion and Advice (Ungkapan Memberikan Saran atau Nasehat). Oleh karena itu, peserta didik diharapkan nantinya meningkatkan kemampuan productive skill mereka, yaitu speaking skill (kemampuan berbicara) dalam bahasa Inggris.


    Pada kesempatan kali ini, kami sajikan soal essay expression of asking & giving a suggestion, serta soal essay accepting & declining someone's suggestion. Dengan berlatih mengerjakan contoh soal expression of suggestion and advice ini, meliputi contoh soal essay expression of asking and giving a suggestion, dan contoh soal essay agreeing and disagreeing a suggestion ini, diharapkan mampu meningkatkan kemampuan reading comprehension skill dan secara tidak langsung mampu menambah perbedaharaan vocabulary about expression of suggestion and advice (kosa kata tentang ungkapan memberikan saran dan nasehat) yang menjadi bagian dari tujuan pembelajaran bahasa Inggris. yuk, simak dan kerjakan latihan soal berikut ini!

    Essay Question of Expression of Asking, Giving, Agreeing & Disagreeing Suggestion/ Advice (Soal Essay Ungkapan Meminta, Memberikan, Menerima dan Menolak Saran/ Nasehat)

    This dialogue is for questions 1 and 5.
    Manager: Do you have any suggestion?
    Staff: I suggest that there should be some changes in the hiring process of the company.
    Manager: Why do you think so?
    Staff: The employees should be bound to work with the company for at least one year. 
    Manager: That's a good reason. Well, I'll consider it. I also think that hiring new employees frequently affects the performance of the company.
    1. What are they talking about?
    2. Where does the conversation take place?
    3. According to the dialog, the expression of asking someone’s suggestion is ....
    4. According to the dialog, the expression of giving someone’s suggestion is ....
    5. According to the dialog, the expression of accepting someone’s suggestion is ....


    This dialogue is for questions 6 and 10.
    Elsa: What's wrong with you?
    Santi: I forgot to pay my course fee. My parents have a business in another town.
    Elsa: May I know how much?
    Santi: Three hundred thousand rupiahs.
    Elsa: I can lend you that amount of money. My dad gave me some money to be saved.
    Santi: Oh, that's very kind of you. I promise to return your money when my parents are back.
    Elsa: Okay.
    6. What’s happened to Santi?
    7. Where is Santi’s parents?
    8. According to the dialog, the expression of giving an offer to someone is ....
    9. According to the dialog, the expression of accepting someone’s offer is ....
    10. What is Santi going to do when her parents go home?


    Answer the following questions clearly and correctly!
    This text is for questions 11 and 15.
    I suggest you take your special healthy food in your study room. You are also suggested to keep your study room clean and neat by yourself and for this purpose never depend on your parents, especially mother or other family members. This helps you to be comfortable at your level.
    11. What is the text about?
    12. What is the text aimed to? 
    13. Based on the text, the expression of giving an suggestion is ....
    14. Who should keep clean the study room?
    15. “I suggest you take your special healthy food in your study room.” The synonim of the underlined word is ....


    This dialogue is for questions 16 and 20.
    Wati: You should eat more, Jack. You look thinner recently.
    Jack: You're right. I lose weight. When I was sick, I lost my appetite.
    Wati: Poor you. Well, let's go to Hans Restaurant. You should try French food. I'll treat you.
    Jack: Really? You are so kind.
    16. What’s happened to Jack?
    17. What does Wati suggest to Jack?
    18. Does Jack accept Wati’s suggestion? Mention the expression!
    19. What do Wati and Jack do later?
    20. What are Wati’s characters?


    This dialogue is for questions 21 and 25.
    Erica: You look worried. What’s wrong?
    Sania: I lost my cat.
    Erica: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried to find it?
    Sania: Yes, I have. But I haven't found it.
    Erica: You should make a lost pet announcement. You can put your cat's photo in it. Then you can share it through your social media.
    Sania: You're right. That's a good suggestion. But how can I make the announcement?
    Erica: Don't worry. I can make it for you with my laptop.
    Sania: Oh, that's very kind of you, Erica.
    21. Who lost her cat?
    22. According to the dialog, the expression of giving a suggestion to someone is ....
    23. According to the dialog, the expression of accepting someone’s suggestion is ....
    24. What is Sania going to do next?
    25. What will Erica do to help Sania?


    This dialogue is for questions 26 and 30.
    Petra: Let's go fishing.
    Robby: Can you wait for moment? I have to finish washing my dad's car first.
    Petra : Would you like me to help you?
    Robby: Yes, if you don't mind.
    Petra: Of course, I don't mind at all. The weather is hot, so washing car makes me refreshed.
    Robby: Thank you.
    Petra: Don't mention it.
    26. What do Petra and Robby plan to do?
    27. What is Robby doing now?
    28. Based on the dialog, the expression of giving an offer to someone is ....
    29. Based on the dialog, the expression of accepting an offer to someone is ....
    30. What makes Petra so refreshed?


    This dialogue is for questions 31 and 35.
    Irene: My body is weak lately. I think I need exercise.
    Vita: That’s right. I usually jog every morning.
    Irene: Jogging is not suitable for me. I need an exercise which helps me relax and focus my mind.
    Vita: You should try yoga. It can unite your mind and body.
    Irene: That's a good suggestion. However, I don't know how to start.
    Vita: Why don't you join a yoga class? There is a yoga community in Green Park.
    Irene: Really? I have to go there and join the class.
    31. What happened to Irene?
    32. What does Vita usually do to exercise?
    33. According to the dialog, the expression of giving a suggestion to someone is ....
    34. According to the dialog, the expression of accepting someone’s suggestion is ....
    35. What does Irene intend to do later?


    This dialogue is for questions 36 and 40.
    Mia and Sophia were called by their teacher to his office. They quarreled because Mia lost her
    bracelet and she accused Sophia.
    Teacher: If you both refuse to apologize, there will be a black mark.
    Mia and Sophia: No, Sir.
    Teacher: I suggest you not put me to the test.
    Mia: But I didn't do anything wrong.
    Sophia: Me, too.
    Teacher: Mia, do you have a proof why you accused Sophia? And you, Sophia, do you know that our school doesn't teach violence? Now, I suggest you think about that for a while. Then you call your parents and have them pick you up.
    Mia: My mother works. She can't pick me up.
    Sophia: Both my parents work.
    Teacher: Then, have your maids pick you up. You can't leave this school unless you're accompanied by a parent or parent surrogate.
    Mia: I can't call her, Sir. There is no credit on my phone.
    Teacher: You can use this telephone.
    Sophia: My maid didn't answer my call, Sir. Perhaps she is busy.
    Teacher: You should send her a message. Mia, the school is going to look for your bracelet. And Sophia, you should apologize to her. You pulled her hair.
    Sophia: I'm sorry for pulling your hair, Mia.
    Mia: Alright. Please forgive me for accusing you.
    Teacher: You both wait here until your maids come.
    36. Where does this conversation take place?
    37. What problem caused Mia and Sophia quarreled?
    38. Why does the teacher offer Mia to use the school telephone?
    39. Why does the teacher suggest Sophia apologize to Mia?
    40. Mention the expressions of giving suggestion and offer based on the dialog!


    Respond the following situations with the suitable suggestion or offer in the box!
    1. (...) My phone is ringing but I'm in the bathroom.
    2. (...) I need to move this big box inside.
    3. (...) I often wake up late.
    4. (...) I'm afraid all materials that I study are not in the test.
    5. (...) Today is really cold. I forgot to bring warm clothes.
    6. (...) Tomorrow is my mom's birthday.
    7. (...) I have bad breath.
    8. (...). I want to learn swimming.
    9. (...) Today's TV programs are boring.
    10. (...) I'm bored eating at home.

    The response:
    a. You should brush your teeth regularly,
    b. Why don't you join a course?
    c. How about trying a new restaurant?
    d. Let me help you lift it.
    e. I suggest you study the relevant chapters.
    f. You should set the alarm before going to bed.
    g. You can wear my jacket.
    h. You should buy something for her.
    i. You can borrow my DVD movie if you like.
    j. Would you like me to answer your phone?


    Complete the following dialogue with the suitable expressions in the box!
    Andy: There's no hand washing station. What should I do?
    Cinta: 1) _________________________.
    Andy: I don't have one.
    Cinta: 2) _________________________ Here you are.
    Andy: Thank you. I think I need to buy a hand sanitizer later. 
    Cinta: That's right. 3) _________________________.
    Andy: Should I buy at a drugstore?
    Cinta: Well, 4) _________________________. It is nearer than the drugstore. It sells many kinds of hand sanitizers and masks.
    Rendy: That’s a good suggestion.
    Cinta: 5) _________________________.
    Rendy: That's very kind of you. Thank you.

    The response:
    a. You should have one in your bag.
    b. You can use mine.
    c. If I were you, I would buy at a store near Green Park.
    d. I'll accompany you to the store.
    e. Why don't you use hand sanitizer?


    Identify whether the following expressions belong to suggestion (S) or orfer (O)!
    1. (...) I can do that for you if you don't mind.
    2. (...) You can wear my extra helmet.
    3. (...) You should go shopping with me by my car.
    4. (...) You can ask me if you have any questions.
    5. (...) I think you should join an English course.
    6. (...) You should speak to our teacher about this matter.
    7. (...) When you have a problem, you can count on me.
    8. (...) You have flu. You should stay at home.
    9. (...) You should try doing it like this.
    10. (...) You should clean your unit as quickly as possible so that it can be returned to service.


    Read the following dialogue! Then answer the questions!
    Fara: Your hair looks messy. You should get a haircut.
    Jaka: You're right, but I don't have time to go to the barbershop.
    Fara: You can ask your dad to cut it.
    Jaka: That's a good idea. Will it be satisfying?
    Fara: I'm not sure about it. You should watch a video of YouTube. There are many videos of how to cut hair at home.
    Jaka: That's right. I'll ask my dad to watch it. I hope he will.
    Fara: There is a barbershop which opens until 8 p.m. I can show you the way if you like.
    Jaka: Alright. Tomorrow I’ll call you if I need it.
    Fara: Okay.
    Questions:
    1. Why does Fara suggest Jaka cut his hair?
    2. What is Jaka's problem?
    3. How should Jaka's father learn how to cut hair at home?
    4. Does Fara offer her help? How do you know?
    5. Based on the dialog, the expression of giving a suggestion to someone is ....


    Match the following expressions with the responses!
    1. (...) You look confused. Can I help you?
    2. (...) Can I take you a chair?
    3. (...) Can I take you some chalks, Sir?
    4. (...) Can I return your book to the library?
    5. (...) What should I do to get my wallet back?
    6. (...) I don't have a dictionary. What should I do?
    7. (...) What should I do to relieve my stomachache?
    8. (...) My teacher cannot read my handwriting. What shouldI do?
    9. (...) The weather is unpredictable. What should we do?
    10. (...) I'm tired of standing. What should I do?

    a. I can lend you mine.
    b. No, thanks. I have to go soon.
    c. You should sit down here for a while.
    d. You should write slowly and neatly.
    e. You could bring umbrella or raincoat wherever you go.
    f. You should go to the clinic soon.
    g. Yes, please. I can't answer number 5.
    h. You should report it to the police.
    i. Yes, please. There is no chalk left.
    j. Thank you very much. I'm glad you return it because I will be busy today.


    Based on the situations, make suggestion or offer with should or can!
    1. A: I'm really thirsty. I don't bring my water bottle.
    B: ________________________________________________________
    2. A: There will be family gathering. My mom is busy at the kitchen now.
    B: ________________________________________________________
    3. A: My bike is broken. There's no one driving me to school. I don't know what to do.
    B: ________________________________________________________
    4. A: I can't sleep recently. I don't know why.
    B: ________________________________________________________
    5. A: I don't have a beautiful dress to attend the party.
    B: ________________________________________________________


    Complete the following dialogue! Then identify the problem
    Talita: I'm really bored.
    Tania: 1) ________________________.  Our mind needs refreshing.
    Talita: But I don't have money. It is not fun when you hang out with an empty wallet. 
    Tania: 2) ________________________.  What will you buy?
    Talita: Are you serious? 3) ________________________.  
    Tania: Of course. I have saved some. My dad won a tender so he gave me some money.
    Talita: What a good father! Well, I want to look for a book. 4) ________________________.  
    Tania: Sure. I want to look for comics, too. By the way, 5) ________________________.  
    Talita: Okay. Wait for me here!


    Complete the following monologue! Then identify the suggestions and offers!
    Hello, Lidya. If you listen to this message, please consider this very carefully. 1) ________________________.  What you are about to do is going to be wisest thing for you. I know that your mother is strict. But, 2) ________________________ that all she has done are for you. She forbids you to go to the concert or such activity because she wants you to save money. You know that your dad earns a little, right? Lidya, 3) ________________________ if you have problems. I will be ready to hear your complaints. However, you shouldn’t ignore your parents. 4) ________________________  I will tell them that you are annoyed of what they said to you. If you don't have money, 5) ________________________ too. Lidya, once again, think about it. I’ll wait for your call.


    Selain soal essay expression of asking & giving a suggestion or advice, kami juga menyajikan soal pilihan ganda asking & giving a suggestion or advice. Contoh soal pilihan ganda expression of suggestion and advice tersebut, mencangkup contoh soal pilihan expression of asking and giving a suggestion, dan contoh soal pilihan ganda accepting and declining someone's suggestion. Soal-soal tersebut diharapkan mampu meningkatkan kemampuan writing skill yang melibatkan creative and critical thinking yang menjadi bagian dari tujuan pembelajaran abad ke-21. 


    Sumber: 
    Alifa Prisca P, Ani Rahmawai, dkk.  Belajar Praktis Bahasa Inggris SMA/Ma Kelas XI Semester 1. Klaten: CV. Viva Pakarindo.

    Demikian tadi 50+ Soal Essay Expression of Asking & Giving A Suggestion and Accepting & Declining A Suggestion or Advice. Semoga dapat dijadikan rujukan untuk referensi dan bahan penyusunan penilaian; serta, bermanfaat bagi kita semua. Terima kasih.

    Post a Comment

    "Terima kasih Anda telah mengunjungi blog kami. Kami berharap Anda dapat memberikan saran, kritik, ataupun dukungan yang positif dan membagun agar kami dapat melakukan perbaikan pada artikel blog kami."

    Previous Post Next Post